Friday, October 15, 2010

Grandfather Clock for Pink Tea (Drive for the Cure)

   Pink Tea is an annual event held by Drive for the Cure, a foundation that help fund women to get mammograms. I first learned about this event a few years ago while my mother was in the midst of battling breast cancer. I haven't been up to going until this year when I offered to help decorate one of the tables along with some of my coworkers. The theme for our table was "A Moment in Time". My coworkers made beaded watches for the women at the table and I volunteered to make the center piece which would be raffled off.
   I asked my friend, Kami, to help with this because I knew she would be excited about another cake project. So with her help we created this grandfather clock. We were very pleased with the results and received many compliments at the tea party. It was an elderly couple that won the cake and they were excited to be able to share it with their support group (the lady was currently undergoing breast cancer treatment).


Our table.


"Bra Art"
These are amazing. These are the competitors from this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment